Please read and understand these rules in order to be allowed to compete on the day.
Scrutineering will occur between 7am-9am.
General Safety: All vehicles must conform with general North vs South safety rules.
Chassis: Any type allowed, including partial, half or full tube chassis. Any year vehicle is allowed.
Wheel Tubs: Permitted.
Fuel: Any fuel is permitted.
Tyres: Any size tyre is permitted.
Gearbox: Any transmission permitted.
Engine Coolant: Only water is permitted in the coolant system. Antifreeze or other additives are prohibited.
Interior: Not required provided a roll cage is in place.
Windows: OEM glass or lexan windows are permitted.
Wheelie Bars: Not allowed.
Open Top Vehicles must have complete roll-over protection / roll cage as per MSA rules.
NORTH VS SOUTH SAFETY RULES
1. Rear seats can only be removed if a half or full roll cage is in place.
2. Spot checks will be enforced.
1.Minimum 6-point Roll cage is compulsory if a car runs quicker than a 10.99 over the 400m.
2. Minimum 6-point Roll cage is compulsory if only the driver’s seat is used.
HARNESSES AND SEAT BELTS
1.Harnesses and Seat Belts must be in working order.
1. The use of methanol must be indicated to safety officials via a round (min 10cm) orange sticker to be placed on either side of the car’s windows.
1. Drivers must wear long sleeves, long trousers and a helmet.
2. Full race suit is compulsory for cars running quicker than 10.99 over the 400m.
3. Full race suit is compulsory for cars using Methanol And Ethanol.
4. Vehicles running slower than 10.99 seconds over the 400m require the driver to wear a long sleeve upper garment, long trousers, shoes and socks.
5. Short pants, short sleeve shirts, and open shoes is prohibited.
1. Helmets must have chin strap and must be tied before staging..
2. Full face helmets to be used for open (non-enclosed) vehicles (ie Cobras)
Battery cut-off switches must be visible and operational.
An on-board fire extinguisher (minimum 1kg capacity) must be securely mounted (no tie-straps) and within easy reach of the driver when he/she is wearing a safety harness.
1. Vehicles running quicker than a 11.99 seconds over the 400m are required to have a scatter shield.
2. All rear-wheel drive manual gearshift vehicles capable of running 11.99 seconds or faster over the 400m, must be equipped with a suitable shield made of 6mm steel plate securely mounted to the frame or frame structure and completely surrounding the bell housing (full 360°) to protect frame, driver and bystanders from fragments in case of clutch/flywheel disintegration.
Engine diaper or catch pan device to capture oil and/or debris in the event of engine and/or transmission failure is advisable.
To be inflated at the correct recommended pressures.
Only ONE DRIVER is permitted in any vehicle during any practice or competition runs.